How To Find New Legal Clients on Twitter
Are you a law firm, divorce attorney, personal injury lawyer or legal services firm that would like to find and connect with local customers on Twitter? You’re not alone.
Law leads are definitely there – people talk about their most important life events, accidents and legal issues all the time on Twitter (see example below).
But Twitter is a noisy, high-volume medium. Searching for quality leads can take a lot of time.
This causes many legal services marketers to throw up their hands in frustration and stop trying.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. With the right approach and tools, you can generate leads for your law firm in just a few minutes each day.
Everyone Starts With Keyword Search…
Many social prospectors start by using Twitter Advanced Search or a keyword search tool in a third party software platform.
Keyword search tools are great starting point for finding leads on Twitter. Especially if you are:
- familiar with what people say on Twitter
- good at complex keyword searches; and,
- don’t mind hunting and pecking your way through fast and noisy streams.
Unfortunately, most of the results you get from a keyword search are not useful leads.
This is because keywords don’t equal purchase intent.
For this reason, you can waste a lot of time scrolling through tons of media-sharing posts and spam to find what you’re looking for.
This is why even social-savvy law firms can give up on Twitter as a source of leads.
There Is A Smarter Way
That’s why we built NeedTagger, the world’s first customer search engine for Twitter – to help businesses and other organizations find and connect with people they can help, without wasting time hunting and pecking through noisy streams.
We offer more than 70 Pre-Tested Prospecting Streams that are specifically engineered to help marketers find and connect with potential customers on Twitter, the worlds largest public social network.
We use sophisticated algorithms to analyze what people say, who they are, where they are and the context of their posts to filter your stream down to the people and posts that matter. We analyze everything in real time and give you access to 30 days of history in every stream.
For example, the screenshot below shows a Pre-Tested Stream on NeedTagger that we developed for Law Firms. The image isn’t doctored in any way.
“People who need legal assistance” is a pre-filtered, live Twitter stream of people discussing legal issues, common situations that require a lawyer (divorce, car accidents, etc.) and their search for a lawyer to help them.
We detect hundreds of leads like the ones below, every day. Most cities will see hundreds of leads a month. And the volume of leads will only grow from here: people are using Twitter more and more to discuss their legal issues with friends. In fact, Twitter’s message volume doubled last year and continues to grow faster than its user base.
Easy to Customize For Your Business
Pre-Tested Streams like the one above can be easily customized for your target market by adjusting a few search parameters:
- Location: you can limit your search to people who live in your local market and to people who just tweeted near a location.
- Keywords: add product/service names, leading brands, hashtags, block words, etc. For example, if you’re looking for Personal Injury leads, you might enter keywords like “accident”, “injury” and “sue them” to drive leads to your landing page .
- Profile/bio: enter keywords & block words to search profiles for people with certain job titles and interests; or, select from pre-tested profile filters.
- and more
For example, if you wanted to drive people to a landing page, you might look for people tweeting about an accident they were just in.
Benefits of Marketing to Intent On Twitter
Targeting people by intent offers several benefits over traditional content marketing on Twitter, including:
- Extend your reach to 10X your Twitter followers: over 90% of your addressable market on Twitter probably doesn’t follow your account. It’s a pretty good bet most won’t ever do that. By seeking prospects out – rather than waiting for them to follow you – you can extend your effective sales reach to every potential lead. Isn’t that why your firm joined Twitter?
- High engagement rates: click-through rates on outreach messages sent to individuals from NeedTagger currently range between 5% and 80%. Almost all of these are directed @replies to people who do not follow their Twitter account. The secret to high engagement is to be helpful – not spammy.
- Measure the ROI of your content: NeedTagger tracks the number of opportunities on a daily basis for your custom prospecting stream. We also track the clicks and shares generated by every outreach message individually. By adding a Google Analytics tag to your shared links, you can tie your outreach marketing directly to sales and leads generated.
- Manage compliance: many companies now have policies in place that govern what they can say and share online, especially with new contacts. We offer you the ability to save and reuse messages and URLs (landing pages, content, etc) in our web app, which is a great way to ensure compliance.
How NeedTagger Works
If you know a little about APIs, you can start mining your social data for leads like these today, in four easy steps:
- Get Your API Key. Our 30-day Free Trial classifies up to 1,000 messages per day.
- Create a NeedTagger App account. You’ll use our app to build and test your data filters. We provide 30 days of Twitter data to test against.
- Send your social data (tweets, Facebook posts, etc.) through our API. We’ll tag every post for intent – in real time.
- Use your intent-tagged data to drive actions and decisions in your customer-facing apps, business applications and social media analytics.
New to intent marketing on Twitter?
Learn about 5 Ways to Build Your Business Using NeedTagger.