How To Find Mobile Phone Customers on Twitter
Twitter is alive with tech and gadget fans – and some of them could be customers. Hundreds of thousands of people discuss consumer electronics purchases and issues every month on Twitter (see example below).
But can you use Twitter to sell consumer electronics? Yes!
Twitter is a noisy network. Searching for new customers can take a lot of time. This causes many electronics retailers to throw stop trying.
But this is a mistake. With the right approach and tools, you can generate sales for your electronics retail business in just a few minutes a day.
Why Not Just Search Twitter?
Many mobile phone retailers use Twitter Search, Twitter Advanced Search or another keyword search tool to look for customers.
Keyword search works well, if you are:
- familiar with what people say on Twitter
- good at complex keyword searches
- don’t mind hunting-and-pecking your way through fast and noisy streams.
But most people aren’t that savvy w/ keyword search. And very few of us have a lot of time to search.
And you will search – a lot. Very few tweets returned with a keyword search are, in fact, useful leads.
This is because you’re trying to search for people discussing purchases, not words.
Another issues, particularly with consumer electronics: spammers often crowd hashtag streams for the most common, high-volume terms with junk posts.
There Is A Better Way
We built NeedTagger to help businesses and other organizations find and connect with people they can help and to reduce the time spent hunting and pecking through noisy streams.
We offer more than 70 Pre-Tested Prospecting Streams that are specifically engineered to help marketers find and connect with potential customers on Twitter, the worlds largest public social network.
NeedTagger uses sophisticated algorithms to analyze what people say, who they are, where they are located and the context of their posts to filter your stream down to the people and posts that matter.
We analyze everything in real time and give you access to 30 days of history in every stream.
For example, the screenshot below shows a Pre-Tested Stream on NeedTagger that we developed for Mobile Phones. The image isn’t doctored in any way.
“People discussing popular mobile phones” is a pre-filtered, live Twitter stream of people discussing their mobile phone purchases.
We detect thousands of leads like these every day. Most cities will get hundreds each month.
Easy to Customize For Your Business
Pre-tested streams like the one above can be easily customized for your target market by adjusting a few search parameters:
- Location: you can limit your search to people who live in your local market and to people who just tweeted near a place.
- Keywords: add product/service names, leading brands, hashtags, block words, etc. For example, if you want to connect with people who care about a specific type of smart watch, you could enter “Samsung Gear 2” or “Pebble Steel”.
- User Profiles: enter keywords & block words to search profiles for people with certain job titles and interests; or, select from pre-tested profile filters.
- and more
Why Find Customers On Twitter?
There are several benefits provided by this style of direct marketing on Twitter, including:
- Extend your Twitter customer reach by 10X: over 90% of your addressable market on Twitter probably doesn’t follow your account. They may never follow you, in fact. By seeking prospects out when they are discussing your products and services, rather than waiting for them to follow you, you can extend your effective sales reach to every potential lead. Isn’t that why your company joined Twitter?
- High engagement rates: click-through rates on messages sent through NeedTagger to prospects range between 5% and 80%. Almost all of these are directed @replies to people who do not follow their Twitter account. The secret to high engagement? Be helpful – not spammy.
- Measure the ROI of your content: NeedTagger tracks the number of opportunities on a daily basis for your custom prospecting stream. We also track the clicks and shares generated by every outreach message. By adding a Google Analytics tag to the links you share, you can tie your outreach marketing directly to sales and leads generated.
- Manage compliance: many companies have policies that govern what you can say and share online, especially with new contacts. We offer the ability to save and reuse messages and URLs (landing pages, content, etc) in our web app, which is a great way to ensure compliance.
How NeedTagger Works
If you know a little about APIs, you can start mining your social data for leads like these today, in four easy steps:
- Get Your API Key. Our 30-day Free Trial classifies up to 1,000 messages per day.
- Create a NeedTagger App account. You’ll use our app to build and test your data filters. We provide 30 days of Twitter data to test against.
- Send your social data (tweets, Facebook posts, etc.) through our API. We’ll tag every post for intent – in real time.
- Use your intent-tagged data to drive actions and decisions in your customer-facing apps, business applications and social media analytics.
New to Prospecting on Twitter?
Learn about 5 Ways to Build Your Business Using NeedTagger.