How To Find Real Estate Leads on Twitter
Are you a real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate marketer seeking to connect with local customers on Twitter? You’re not alone.
Real estate leads are definitely there – people talk about buying homes and moving to new neighborhoods all the time on Twitter (see example below).
Problem is, Twitter is a really noisy medium, so searching for leads can take a lot of time. This causes many real estate professionals to throw up their hands in frustration and stop trying.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. With the right approach and tools, you can generate leads for your real estate business in just a few minutes a day.
But I Already Search For Keywords…
Many social media prospectors start by using Twitter Advanced Search or another keyword search tool inside a third party software platform.
We agree that keyword search is a great starting point for finding leads on Twitter. Especially if you are familiar with what people say on Twitter; good at complex keyword searches; and, don’t mind hunting and pecking your way through fast and noisy streams.
Unfortunately, most of the results you will get from a keyword search will not be useful leads. Mainly because there’s no real way to screen for purchase intent. And, spammers and self-promoters love to crowd streams containing the most common, high-volume terms.
For this reason, you will waste a lot of time scrolling through tons of media-sharing posts and spam to find what you’re looking for. This is why even savvy agents and brokers can give up on Twitter as a source of leads.
There Is A Smarter Way
That’s why we built our NeedTagger, the world’s first customer search engine for Twitter – to help businesses and other organizations find and connect with people they can help, without wasting time hunting and pecking through noisy streams.
We offer more than 70 Pre-Tested Prospecting Streams that are specifically engineered to help marketers find and connect with potential customers on Twitter, the worlds largest public social network.
We use sophisticated algorithms to analyze what people say, who they are, where they are and the context of their posts to filter your stream down to the people and posts that matter. We analyze everything in real time and give you access to 30 days of history in every stream.
For example, the screenshot below shows a Pre-Tested Stream on NeedTagger that we developed for Real Estate Professionals and Real Estate Marketers. The image isn’t doctored in any way.
“People discussing mortgages and the purchase of new homes” is a pre-filtered, live Twitter stream of people discussing the purchase of their next home.
We detect a few thousand leads like the ones below every day. Most cities will get hundreds or thousands of leads like these every month. People are using Twitter more and more to discuss mortgages and the purchase of a new home, and Twitter’s message volume doubled last year and continues to grow faster than its active user base.
Easy to Customize For Your Business
Pre-Tested Streams like the one above can be easily customized for your target market by adjusting a few search parameters:
- Location: you can limit your search to people who live in your local market and to people who just tweeted near a place.
- Keywords: add product/service names, leading brands, hashtags, block words, etc. For example, if someone cared about the type of garage doors (carriage style, modern style, etc.) you could even filter for that.
- Profile/bio: enter keywords & block words to search profiles for people with certain job titles and interests; or, select from pre-tested profile filters.
- and more
Benefits of Marketing to Intent On Twitter
There are several benefits provided by this style of direct marketing on Twitter, including:
- Extend your potential sales reach by 10X: over 90% of your addressable market on Twitter probably doesn’t follow your account. They may never follow you, in fact. By seeking prospects out – rather than waiting for them to follow you – you can extend your effective sales reach to every potential lead. Isn’t that why your company joined Twitter?
- High engagement rates: click-through rates on outreach messages sent to individuals from NeedTagger currently range between 5% and 80%. Almost all of these are directed @replies to people who do not follow their Twitter account. The secret to high engagement is to be helpful – not spammy.
- Measure the ROI of your content: NeedTagger tracks the number of opportunities on a daily basis for your custom prospecting stream. We also track the clicks and shares generated by every outreach message individually. By adding a Google Analytics tag to your shared links, you can tie your outreach marketing directly to sales and leads generated.
- Manage compliance: many companies now have policies in place that govern what they can say and share online, especially with new contacts. We offer you the ability to save and reuse messages and URLs (landing pages, content, etc) in our web app, which is a great way to ensure compliance.
How NeedTagger Works
If you know a little about APIs, you can start mining your social data for leads like these today, in four easy steps:
- Get Your API Key. Our 30-day Free Trial classifies up to 1,000 messages per day.
- Create a NeedTagger App account. You’ll use our app to build and test your data filters. We provide 30 days of Twitter data to test against.
- Send your social data (tweets, Facebook posts, etc.) through our API. We’ll tag every post for intent – in real time.
- Use your intent-tagged data to drive actions and decisions in your customer-facing apps, business applications and social media analytics.
New to intent marketing on Twitter?
Learn about 5 Ways to Build Your Business Using NeedTagger.